Today we are going to learn the following topics:
- Deploy Cloud9 as an IDE for completing workshop exercises.
- Setting up project repositories in CircleCI
- Creating CI/CD pipelines and segments for:
- Automated testing
- Security scans (DevSecOps)
- Building Docker images
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using Terraform
- Deploy applications
- Integrating the following services in CI/CD pipelines:
- Snyk: app and container image scanning
- Docker Hub: build and push a Docker image to the registry
- Terraform Cloud: centrally manage state of provisioned infrastructure
- Terraform: codify and provision AWS resources and infrastructure
- AWS Elastic Container Service (ECS): Provision a new ECS cluster
- AWS Graviton EC2: Arm compute nodes
This workshop is broken into the sections listed below. Estimated time for completing the workshop is 1.5-2.5 hours.
- Prerequisites (15 minutes) - Provision a Cloud9 instance and validate
- Setting up CircleCI (15 minutes) - collect access tokens from integrated services (AWS, GitHub, Terraform Cloud, Snyk), fork the project repo and set it up in CircleCI.
- Module 1: Continuous Delivery (30 minutes)
- Module 2: DevSecOps (30 minutes)
- Module 3: Infrastructure as Code (30 minutes)
- Module 4: Continuous Deployments (30 minutes)